At Mid Atlantic Diabetes and Endocrinology Associates
we see patients with a wide array of disorders including:
- Pituitary tumors
- Loss of pituitary function (hypopituitarism)
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Thyroid nodules
- Thyroid cancer
- Disorders of calcium metabolism
- Diabetes mellitus
- Adrenal gland masses
- Addison's disease (underactive adrenal glands)
- Cushing's syndrome (excess cortisol)
- Premature ovarian failure
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Hypogonadism (low testosterone)
Dr. Young performs thyroid ultrasounds and ultrasound-guided thyroid biopsies in the office (coverage varies with insurance plans).
Depending on your symptoms, physical examination or diagnosis, we may also order other specialized endocrine testing, such as hormone suppression or stimulation tests. These generally require laboratory testing before and/or after administering specific medications.
What is an endocrinologist?
Endocrinologists are physicians who after completing residency (usually in Internal Medicine), undergo subspecialty training in endocrinology.
Melissa G. Young, MD FACP
555 Iron Bridge Rd, Suite 18
Freehold, NJ 07728
Tel: 732-409-MADE (6233)
What is endocrinology?
Endocrinology is the branch of the science of medicine that deals with the glands or organs that secrete hormones - substances that travel the bloodstream and act as signals on other tissues. Examples of endocrine glands are the thyroid, the pituitary, the adrenals and the pancreas.